Chabane's Records
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Chabane's Records

Chabane's Records label libre

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 litres (Anthracite)
79 € 99 €
Voir le deal

We Were Born To Destroy - A Tribute To Witness

3 participants
AuteurMessage
dale crover

dale crover

We Were Born To Destroy - A Tribute To Witness Empty
MessageSujet: We Were Born To Destroy - A Tribute To Witness   We Were Born To Destroy - A Tribute To Witness EmptyDim 8 Nov - 16:50

Voila une chronique du tribute à Witness:

Citation :
this album is a tribute/cover album of a band from france called witness that is the or was the nirvana of france.this is really an amazing compilation tribute album of covers and has an array of different sounding bands covering witness in all of their glory.you have the band moon reapers that sound alot like fugazi and they cover witness' song"fashion id" to a tee in their own style,then you have about pain who spit"mother love"in a joy divisionesque sound ala chris issac,lie big seems to pull off"i was born to destroy"in a manson/filter type explosion.deume belts out the witness song"failure"just as good a sound as the late great grunge band soundgarden at least musically maybe not vocally.kursed lives musically through sounding just like nirvana covering witness'"a son of mine".hornsky's music is awesome sounding like clutch and primus but the lead singer need to go somewhere.they're covering"don't set me free,i'm so afraid",fischerm has an amazing sound instrumentally on the song"soul drifters"yet another sounding just as badass as clutch and possibly jane's addiction.the flying vandals suck big time and should have never been included on this compilation.they cover"strange days".i'm totally surprised witness allowed them to be on this album and that they were able to cover them,they honestly should be embarassed they included them.bad choice on their part or at least whoever put together this comp anyways in general,riverside is just as awful in voice.oh please allow this to get better instead of worse.it seemed to be going so good in the beginning and here comes yet another terrible sounding band gloriadays covering witness'"mums in the kitchen",give me a break already please before i turn this crap off.this is a 2 disc cd compilation tribute so i hope the 2nd cd consists of more good sounding odes to witness and not crap like the last few song at the end of this good beginning of the first tribute cd.oh wait we get through another crappy band called organised confusion covering witness'"prise-unique" and here comes pogona sounding like nirvana like a bat out of hell curing this almost bombing end of 20 songs.they cover witness"i'm real"like pure music to your ears.the naked dolls cover"homeless" as quick as day and do it with a great ending and i guess all comps are going to have their ups and downs or some just plain suck.on to disc 2,anaemyha starts off the first track covering witness'"piss off" and sounds alot like pearl jam.the funky oysters gang is quite the obscure sound.at first i thought it sounded amazing but honestly they're annoying and way to out there covering witness'"grimace",this shit is for the birds at that band is.ok so these 2 cd's have someof the same songs on them with other bands covering the same song in their own sound.i enjoy pogona's version of"i'm real" more than si'lya's although si'lya's version of"i'm real"is very alice in chains sounding.some tracks i might not have anything to say about so usually they're the safe ones or i'm just undecided.scriptura's version of"set me free,i'm so afraid" definatley has a sepultura/helmet feel to it and is much better than hornsky's version.hornsky's definatley bombed in my book.so this is definatley a better version more ear safe as well.dreddup scares the living shit out of me very doomesque on witness'"no holds barred",wow very dark maybe even darker than skinny puppy,demonlike even!,but amazing nontheless,probally one of the best tracks from both cds so far.unless is a screaming mess on the track"fashion id",singoff deepens their 60's doors/velvet underground sound on the song"i was born to destroy",sounds very much like an indian burial dance version of the song.alma encriada version of witness'"love is gone" is very garage rocky and they want to get down!,noiselss'version of"loser"is very filteresque.dir despairs version of"soul drifers"is intrumentally industrial and is definatley not a boring listen,keeps your attention for sure.enuresies version of witness'"i'm gonna shoot myself"gets your head bobbing.baxter fly blows on their version of witness'"defaire",tenzadrina's version of"failure"is a true failure.traveling in balochistan's version of"mistrust" is quite odd but listenable in taste and in sound.the hippe love god's version of"strange days' is another really good track and that cover will go down in witness histroy I HOPE!,all in all i think the original band witness after listening to them a bit definatley has a big standing over the bands that covered them.2 cd's of pure rock-n-roll with obscruity,melody,destruction and insanity,beware!,you might just fall back into your flannel and ripped jeans again listening to this!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/nippercreep
buck.

buck.

MessageSujet: Re: We Were Born To Destroy - A Tribute To Witness   We Were Born To Destroy - A Tribute To Witness EmptyDim 8 Nov - 17:01

t'as chopé ça où ?
c'ets amusant qu'il dise du bien de scriptura et descende organised confusion... Laughing
sinon, ben je dois faire partie des "safe bands" Neutral
https://schismatiquedestruction.bandcamp.com/
dale crover

dale crover

MessageSujet: Re: We Were Born To Destroy - A Tribute To Witness   We Were Born To Destroy - A Tribute To Witness EmptyDim 8 Nov - 17:09

La dessus:
http://www.myspace.com/192766438

Par contre j'ai pas tout compris!!! Laughing
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/nippercreep
buck.

buck.

MessageSujet: Re: We Were Born To Destroy - A Tribute To Witness   We Were Born To Destroy - A Tribute To Witness EmptyDim 8 Nov - 17:26

ben avec la mise ne page de merde de son truc, les gesn, vont pas se battre pour le lire...
en résumé, ça commence bien, après c'est de la merde, les flying vandals devraient pas exister tellment c'ets pourri, organised confusioon, c'est d ela merde, hornsky c'ets cool sauf la voix, scriptura enfonce hornsky à l'aise et sonne comme sepultura ou helmet , le deuxième disque, c'est les m^morceaux que le 1. les naked dolls c'ets speed et le final est bien, tenzadrina s'ets planté, travelling in balochistan c'est zarb , mais ça passe
funky oyster gang , c'est d ela merde, dreddup, ça fait peur tellment c'ets bien

etc
etc
etc
witness était meilleur que n'importe quel groupe qui l'a repris, et c'est un super disque de rock !

en gros très très résumé.
le genre de truc pas trop cassant à écrire en faisant autre chose et l'adresse du site est l'ancienne qui marche plus, mais celle du meinspace est la bonne...

voilà

et c'est écrit par une meuf. qui prend probablemnt des amphés.

et donc à propos des groupes pas cités, c'ets soit que ça va soit qu'elle a pas d'avis.
chinaski

chinaski

MessageSujet: Re: We Were Born To Destroy - A Tribute To Witness   We Were Born To Destroy - A Tribute To Witness EmptyDim 8 Nov - 17:42

Une chronique à la con quoi ! Laughing
http://perso.orange.fr/nippercreep
buck.

buck.

MessageSujet: Re: We Were Born To Destroy - A Tribute To Witness   We Were Born To Destroy - A Tribute To Witness EmptyDim 8 Nov - 17:59

ouais un peu, mais ça part pas dans des envolées à la con sur la vie , la mort, etc. c'est déjà ça.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: We Were Born To Destroy - A Tribute To Witness   We Were Born To Destroy - A Tribute To Witness Empty

We Were Born To Destroy - A Tribute To Witness
Page 1 sur 1